The 2023 Shortlist
We will look forward to announcing the 2023 shortlist on this page
The Judging Panel
Entries will be judged by an esteemed panel of judges with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the housing and construction industry.
The Evaluation Process
Entries will be reviewed and judged by the panel using a matrix scoring system. The judges will be looking for evidence of development, implementation, and application of the issues detailed in each award category. They will score entries based on relevance, outcome and evidence. EEM staff will have no influence in the judging process.
Entry Tips and Terms and Conditions
• Entries should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline to be confirmed. EEM Ltd reserve the right to extend the deadline.
• Late entries will be rejected unless circumstances are absolutely exceptional, in which case EEM Ltd will make the final decision about whether to accept the late entry.
• If you do not receive confirmation of receipt of your entry within 3 days of sending then please call 01246 395608 and speak to Sophia. Please call sooner if the entry deadline is approaching.
• Entries should be no more than 1,000 words (excluding appendices such as testimonials). If an entry exceeds the word count limit, judges may penalise you by deducting scoring points and they will only take into consideration the first 1,000 words.
• Supporting documents can be submitted to help the judges evaluate your entry. Supporting documents could include information such as testimonials, media coverage, graphs and tables or photos, as well as any details on partner organisations which contributed.
• Each entry can include up to five supporting photos and up to three videos (specifically relevant to the category and entry submission), supplied as web-accessible links.
• At the time and date of submission, entrants agree that the information supplied is truthful and accurate.
• All shortlisted organisations will be posted on both the EEM and Building Communities Awards websites in early December.
• There is no limit to the number of entries one organisation can make.
• Please ensure you have secured the appropriate rights and clearances for all materials and images submitted. The Building Communities Awards or EEM Ltd will not be liable for any copyright, trademark, patent infringement held against entries.
• Entrants must have the written permission of any third party involved in the entry, or with whom they have worked on the project, prior to its submission in these awards.
• There is no entry fee, although at least one representative must be present at the awards ceremony on Friday 3rd March 2023 for all shortlisted organisations to collect their award, should they win.
• All winners will receive one glass/acrylic award. If you would like a duplicate award manufacturing, please advise at the time of entry. Duplicates will be chargeable to the entrant.
• A category may not be entered by the organisation providing sponsorship for that particular category.
• The decision of the judges is final. Feedback may be available on request. Judges may not be approached directly by entrants for additional feedback.
• Complete entries will be treated as confidential by EEM Ltd and the judging panel. A brief overview of winning entries will be printed in the evening brochure and images relating to winning entries will be shown on the screens to guests at the BC Awards dinner as the winners collect their award.
By entering these awards you are agreeing to the above. Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions.